Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Helping Businesses Get Started; A Compass Home Solutions Story!



Charles Williams is a local Richmond small business owner.  His company, Compass Home Solutions, specializes in home organization of every variety.  From decluttering a home room by room when everyday life just gets out of hand, to implementing an organized schedule when there are not enough hours in the day— his goal is to reduce stress for his clients.  After being in the industry for 4 years, Charles decided to take a chance and open his own business on January 1st, 2015 and thus was born Compass Home Solutions!


Being an organizational zealot, Charles knew the importance of keeping his finances in order when starting this new venture.  He will be the first to admit that he is horrible at math, so he knew he needed help.

“If there’s anything math related, I want nothing to do with it,” he admits.  “I knew that before I started my business I needed to find someone,” so he sought the help of Stephen Fishel of Accounting Works.



Stephen initially started working with Charles on setting up a software system to stay organized for invoicing and tracking expenses. “He got me to the point where I could handle my day to day accounting,” he says when recalling starting to work with Stephen. “I’ve absolutely saved money not paying for programs I didn’t need, paper stock, supplies I would’ve never needed without his guidance.”  Not having a lot of start-up capital, it was important to Charles to save as much as he could in initial expenditures.  



“The first year I was in business, we didn’t set up quarterly estimated [tax] payments, because we weren’t sure how much I’d bring in, but this year we’ve set them up.”  Compass Home Solutions has grown a lot in just one year of business expanding to services for Realtors and prepping homes for sale.  As Charles’ business expands and his accounting questions get bigger he knows he won’t have any trouble tackling accounting problems. “[Stephen[ is always in his office and accessible.  If something doesn’t sound right, I still call him up."


If you’re looking to start your own business or need help organizing a system for your daily accounting issues, Accounting Works is there for you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment